POSH Law has seen several updates in the last couple of months. As a capacity building exercise and with a mission to update and train Internal Committee (IC) members about their role & responsibilities and the important elements of the compliance under the POSH Act, we are conducting a One Day Certificate Program on 3rd Dec 2021. As several IC members have also requested to be assessed based on the workshop, for those looking for assessment, we are also conducting a test & follow-up session on 4th Dec 2021.
This will be a Virtual Program and will be conducted via Webinar. The program, among other things, will broadly focus on:
- What if complaints are raised against outsiders (strangers or employees of other organizations)? – Tracking respondents with respect to online instances
- Can transgender persons complaint? Does Transgender Persons Law have any role? Can parties be of same gender?
- Sexual harassment vs. sex discrimination: is there a difference?
- What does a workplace mean? Does it cover electronic communications? Does it cover unofficial employee gathering?
- Recording statements and summarizing statements: Method and tips
- What if parties and IC members speak different languages?
- Timelines and meeting timelines – What if the parties or IC members suffer from COVID or technical challenges? Can 90 days period be overlooked?
- Can IC take any steps if there is no evidence or a ‘He’ said ‘She’ said scenario?
All the above will be discussed with the help of mock complaint and response and recent case laws. You can scroll down for detailed Program Schedule.
|Certificate Workshop – 3rd Dec 2021|
|10:00 am – 11:00 am||INTRODUCTION TO LAW||Introduction to the Law
||Case laws and Discussions|
|11:00 am – 1:00 pm||INTRODUCTION TO SEXUAL HARASSMENT||Introduction to the concept of Sexual Harassment
||Understanding concepts & various scenarios using – activities, videos, real life examples and case laws and their application on Mock Complaint|
|LUNCH (1:00pm – 2:00pm)|
|2:00 pm – 2:30 pm||INTRODUCTION TO COMPLAINANT & RESPONDENT||Introduction to other important concepts under Law
||Understanding concepts & various scenarios using real life examples and case laws and their application on Mock Complaint|
|2:30 pm – 5:00 pm||ROLE AS FIRST RESPONDER AND REDRESSAL MECHANISM – DEALING WITH PRACTICAL CHALLENGES & DRAFTING OF INQUIRY REPORT||Role as the first responder
||Understanding concepts & various scenarios using real life examples and case laws and their application on Mock Complain|
|INR 5,000/- (+Taxes) for the workshop and the above-mentioned giveaways|
|For those looking for Assessment & Certificate post the Workshop, the below will follow on 4th Dec 2021|
|3rd Dec 2021 5:00pm – 5:30pm||Post the workshop, Assessment questions will be shared||INR 5,000/- + Taxes For Assessment & Discussion|
|3rd Dec 2021 5:30pm – 10.30pm||You will be required to take the test anytime between 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm on 3rd Dec 2021 (The test will take about 30 – 45mins). Results will then be analyzed by POSHequili Team.|
|4rd Dec 2021 11:00pm – 1.00pm||There will be a Q&A to discuss the Assessment. Thereafter, the Certificate will be given.|