Definitions & Scope: (Internal Committee Training on POSH)
- Sexual Harassment: Definition, scope, types & criteria
- Sexual harassment: physical vs. virtual
- Interpretation of terms such as employer, employee and workplace
IC: Role & Biases
- Internal Committee (IC): Understanding biases and its influence on inquiry
- IC: Role & Functions, Powers of IC as Civil Court and Guidelines
Complaint: Types, Sensitivity & Impact
- Complaints: Types (anonymous, oral & written complaints)
- By whom, Against whom
- Sensitivities involved
- Impact on aggrieved, staff, management and respondent
- Recognizing & addressing the same
Process & Challenges
- Conciliation / Inquiry: Timelines, sensitive interviewing, temporary relief, principles of natural justice etc.
- Challenges faced by IC: Handling emotional distress, retaliation, cases filed with Police, Confidentiality etc.
- Process to be followed by IC in virtual set-up
- Inquiry Report: Do’s & Don’ts and types & determinants of recommendations
- Statutory Reporting: Annual Reports
- Recommended practices for a healthy environment
Did you know?
IC training is mandatory under Law.
Modality & duration of training has not been defined under Law.
Data related to IC Training has to be mentioned in annual report to be submitted to government.
IC has to follow principals of natural justice & has powers of civil court. Their inquiry & report should be such that it can stand the test of courts / appellate authorities.